Friday, October 22, 2010

Minecraft

So I've been spending a large amount of time on Minecraft.

What is minecraft? Well Minecraft is one of those wonderfully addicting “indie” games. Basically, the entire world is made of cheap-looking blocks (cubes, more like it) and you dig/mine/smelt stuff into blocks and build stuff. I've been playing single-player on easy mode, where you regen health and monsters don't spawn. I prefer it cuz minecraft should be about building awesome stuff, and not fighting zombies. If I want to kill zombie with a sword, I'll play a proper action/rpg game. Not a building game.

So what can you build? Awesome stuff. I'll try and post some screenshots if I can figure how how to. But right now I have a mine (where I've found Redstone, iron, gold, coal and lava. I've avoided the lava. Lava is dangerous), and a smelter above that where I've been smelting iron and reworking my stone to make it nice and shiny. See, when you mine stone, it comes out as cobblestone. Which, after a fashion, is awesome. I made my road and bridge out of cobblestone, but I don't want to make a house out of cobblestone, no, don't really want to do that. Sadly, my house is HUGE, and that means I need to use a lot of coal, and a lot of stone to make my house.

Anyways, I starting mining, and then I realized I wanted a house. But the place where I was mining was NOT a good place for a house, so I found one over a nearby mountain. Not wanting to start a NEW mine, I decided... to build a bridge. That took a while, it was harder than I thought. And it still need some revisions, I mean... yea... it works but it doesn't look as good as it could.

And yea... basically I've been building a road to my house... which has required a lot of time That, and continuing to perfect my mine.

Anyways, this is probably really confusing if you don't know what minecraft is, so I'll try and post some screenshots.

1 comment:

  1. Looking for those screen shots! What is the link for minecraft. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete