Friday, February 18, 2011

A Dream I Had

Strangest dream I had last nigh. Me and this other person... it might not have even been me, it was the protagonist. We were in a boat in an underground river/sewer system that had long been forgotten on a dangerous quest. It was like a kinda sci-fi setting, maybe cyberpunk. Our boat had some sort of machine that kept having problems (involving cement of all things) every time I/the protagonist went to sleep. The machine, I felt like, was a water pump.

The story finally ended when we came to this strange series of like computers. If you think about it this entire thing could have been really scary if it was a movie and not a dream, a movie that didn't have to make sense, but was just really creepy; like the beginning of a strange off-beat indie horror/sci-fi/fantasy flick. It wasn't so much computers as it was a bunch of OLD computers and calculators all on and beeping/flashing and such. Creepy, yes? Imagine a dark long, narrowish tunnel with two people in a strange boat suddenly coming to a dead end filled with flashing, archaic computers.

The dream ended with a modern computer and a cellphone appearing, and the cellphone started to ring and it turned out to be MY cellphone telling me its time to wake up (I'm glad it did, because my roommate didn't get up at all today, he didn't show up in class today).

Just thought I'd share that with you. Nothing really important. I thought the picture my dream painted was really, really interesting.

1 comment:

  1. dreams are hard to tell, EXTREMELY difficult to write. The other night I woke up laughing at my dream and still am laughing, but when I let other people my dream they just look at me -- it's not funny to them. ?? !!

    ReplyDelete