Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Just an Update

So much work! I feel like I'm buried in papers today, I have 4 classes which have been assigned papers, and one class where about 50% of the midterm was short answer/essay questions. I'm glad I'm an English Writing Major, because otherwise I'd probably just about die.

Despite the papers, I'm having a good school year. Busy, but I like it that way. Working on continuing to do good in school. I feel like I still have a good shot at a 4.0. I know I can get a an A in my COSC class, I should manage an A in Honors and in RELS class, not to mention my Rhet and Comp class. That leaves just my ENGW class, which is still in some doubt; that will be my hardest class this year, but that's good! My teacher is amazing, I spent 40 minutes talking to her today about my last paper and why I didn't do so good and my next paper and what I need to do in it to do better. I feel she was very encouraging and helped me understand exactly what I need to do and why I am here to become a better writer.

Of course, this doesn't help because, while I love writing and I know I need to become a better writer, I'm not really interested in Writing as a career. I'm interested in Thinking as a career. A year ago I considered Law School, and its still an option, but its not nearly as much of an option as I thought it was. I'm not going to take any pre-law classes. I'm not going directly to Grad school. I'm going to graduate from college and run off to Europe for a while and do stuff with my Parent's organization; be a volunteer and get some training in Theology and … whatever else I decide to do.

Anyways... I need to get to bed. Its late and I have homework tomorrow. Luckily, Tomorrow is THURSDAY! Which means 1 class, and then, FRIDAY! Friday means... four classes, ugh, plus RELS homework. But at least I get a weekend...

Song of the Day? My brother's latest composition: Nusrat's Shattered Mirror

1 comment:

  1. A Thinking career is right up your ally, Isaac. Ideas have consequences.

    ReplyDelete